Friday, August 14, 2009

Floatin' the River

A couple of months ago, we were having dinner with some of our church pals and we were talking about how we all needed to go on a trip together. We always have so much fun together, so a weekend trip sounded like it would be a blast. We decided that it would be fun to go to New Braunfels and float the river. When we were discussing dates, my birthday came up. They were all so sweet to suggest going to the river the weekend before my birthday so that we could celebrate. :)


It was the last weekend in my 20's and it was WAY fun!

If you have read this blog for more than 5 seconds, then you know that I absolutely adore my babies. They mean the world to me. But, it was nice to have a little "mommy break" with just my husband and my friends. I knew that Clayton & Drew were in the very capable hands of my mother-in-law and father-in-law, so I didn't worry for a single minute. After a relaxing weekend, I came back recharged and ready to be a better Mama. I missed those little stinkers like crazy, though, and couldn't wait to get my hands on them on Sunday afternoon!

We stopped at Hula Hut on the way down to the river. That was always our favorite restaurant to go to when Wade lived in Austin. It was just as yummy as I remembered it. :) The guys played golf on Friday morning while the girls slept in and lounged around. I slept until 10:00! I can't even remember the last time that I slept that late. It was heavenly!

We floated the river on Friday afternoon and again on Saturday afternoon. It took about 4 hours each day. It was sooo relaxing just to sit and float in the sun. We talked and laughed the whole time. It was so great! As an added bonus, I got a really good tan. ;)

On Saturday night we went to dinner at a restaurant called the Huisache Grill. It was delicious! I would highly recommend it. They brought me a piece of cake with a candle on top - so sweet. After dinner, we headed to Gruene to walk around. We went by Gruene Hall and shopped in a few little stores.

On Sunday, we headed home. Unfortunately, Clayton got carsick just 2 miles from our house. Stink! That was when I knew that I had my Mommy hat back on. I was cleaning up puke and giving him a make-shift bath in a gas station bathroom. It was lovely. I felt so bad for my poor little bug. :(

It was a super fun weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am so thankful to have sweet friends that we adore!

Holly, Leah, and I at the Hula Hut

Wade, Todd, and Tim at Hula Hut

The Girls Ready to Float on Friday

The Boys Ready to Float

Floating Away - Not a care in the world...

Wade & Brent

Todd

I think that Tim was threatening to flip Holly - he's such a jokester. :)

Playing games in the condo

At dinner on Saturday night

Brent & Abbey

Leah & Todd

Tim & Holly





In front of Gruene Hall



In the general store
We had such a great time! I am really hoping that this becomes an annual tradition. :)

2 comments:

Gran said...

What fun - and with amazing friends. Hope Clayton is better. I get sad just to know they are even a little "uncomfortable" Those two guys even make me happy from here in Sugar Land. I love to hear their stories.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Looks like fun! And, girl you look taaann :)