Sunday, August 16, 2009

Boredom Buster Recipe #3

My friend, Tiffany, sent me a neat boredom buster recipe for making your own ice cream. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical, but it really did work! Clayton loved making it (and eating it, too!).

Homemade Ice Cream:

* Put the following ingredients in a quart sized ziplock baggie:
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of sugar

* Reinforce the baggie with packing tape.

* Place quart sized ziplock inside a gallon sized ziplock bag. Pour 6 cups of crushed ice and 6 Tablespoons of course salt into the bag.

* Shake for 5 minutes and you will have ice cream!

Clayton was pretending to be Batman, and I couldn't get him to take his mask off and break character for me to take his picture. Ha!



The finished product after 5 minutes of shaking.



I got bonus "cool mom" points by letting him add chocolate syrup. :)

Enjoy! Thanks, Tiffany, for the fun idea. :)

1 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

Um... that looks SO YUMMY!! I am doing it tonight (with my 2% milk???)! Kids have all the fun! I want in on some of that!