Monday, June 22, 2009

Drew's Dedication & Father's Day

This Sunday we celebrated two wonderful occasions. It was Drew's Baby Dedication ceremony at church and it was Father's Day. A Baby Dedication/Family Dedication is a ceremony in which the parents promise to raise their child in a godly home and to be examples of Christ to their children. It was such a precious time for our family.

During the ceremony, our Minister to Families read the life verse that we chose for Drew and then prayed over him. The verse that we chose for Drew is Romans 12:9-12


Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:9-12

Those verses sum up our wishes for our baby boy. As they were praying for Drew, I could feel myself getting emotional. I bet that I swallowed a hundred times trying to keep myself from going into the full-blown "ugly cry." I was just so moved by the thought that God gave us our boys and allows us the opportunity to raise them. Our ultimate goal, as their parents, is that they would one day choose to accept Christ and have a daily walk with Him. I began to think about Clayton and Drew accepting Christ one day, and my eyes filled with joyful tears.

All of our parents, grandparents, sisters, brother-in-laws, and nieces were there for Drew's dedication. It was such an honor to have our whole families there to support us. What a blessing they all are to us!
Drew in his Dedication outfit


Our Families

After church, we had lunch at our house. I wanted to make it extra special in honor of all of the fathers in our family. :) It was a Paula Deen style meal, for sure! We had ham, green bean bundles, spinach salad, fruit salad, herbed monkey bread, and chocolate cake. It was so fun to share a meal with family and celebrate our sweet boy.

What a great Father's Day/Dedication day we had! I am grateful for all of the fathers in our lives. All are wonderful men that have blessed us in ways that they will never know. I am especially grateful for the father of my children. Wade personifies the word "Daddy." He is the perfect mixture of loving, gentle, fun, firm, and stern. He loves our boys with all that he has and works so hard for our family. We love you, Daddy/Hubs!

6 comments:

halie said...

What a beautiful family!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad I had a front row seat to Drew's dedication. He did SO well! Sweet boy! :)

Leah said...

It certainly was a precious time! We were so blessed to be a part of Drew's spcial day! He is such a sweet little blessing.

Lunch looked YuMmO, too!!!! Good job momma!

Brent and Abbey said...

We look forward to watching your boys grow in knowledge and truth looking to their wonderful parents as role models. Drew was adorable!

Holly said...

What a wonderful day to celebrate! I'm so sorry I missed it but I have been looking forward to reading your thoughts and seeing your pictures. Your boys are blessed to have such godly parents. P.S. Lunch looks incredible and I love your dress!

Brad and Emily said...

What a neat celebration! Both family pictures (the whole family and your immediate family) are great! And I love your dress, too!