Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Drew is 8 months old!

Can you believe that our baby boy is 8 months old?!?! I sure can't. He is just at such a FUN stage!!!

* According to our bathroom scale (not an exact measurement), Baby Boy weighs 21.5 lbs. He is 28 1/2 inches long. This boy is growing like a weed! His infant carseat only goes up to 22 lbs. and 29 inches, so looks like he will be promoting to his convertible carseat very soon.

* He wears size 4 diapers and size 12-18 month clothes.

* He sleeps and eats like a champ! He downs his baby food as fast as we can shovel it in. He loves it all - no favorites that we can tell and he hasn't refused anything either. We are thrilled that he isn't picky. Maybe he'll even like my crummy cooking one day. Ha!

* He still hasn't gotten his first tooth. I don't even feel like there is one close to breaking through. That's a-okay with me. Teething is no fun!

* He seems like he will start crawling any day now! He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth all day long. I have called Wade into the room countless times just certain that he was about to take off, only to see him flop on the floor and grin at me. It's like he's thinking, "Ha ha! Fooled you again!" Little stinker...


* His happiest times of the day are right when he wakes up and bath time. When he gets really excited he grins really big and gets "happy feet". His little legs move so fast! It is the cutest thing!

* His hair seems to be getting lighter and lighter. It is still thin around the sides and the back with a fluffy patch on the top of his head.

* His main means of transportation is still rolling. He has gotten good at navigating himself to exactly where he wants to be. Maybe that's why he hasn't started crawling yet - rolling is just faster. :)

* When in the playroom with gobs of toy options, he will always go for his brother's toys over his own. He would rather chew on a lightsaber or an action figure than his rattles and baby toys. I'm watching him like a hawk and throwing away choking hazards whenever Clayton isn't looking. (Shhh... don't tell!)

* He loves to be sung to. He instantly stops fussing at the first note of a song. Clayton & I sing "You are my Sunshine" or "Jesus Loves Me" to Drew multiple times a day.

Sweet Drew,

What a precious stage you are in?!?! You are still such a good baby and truly a blessing to your Mama. I adore you in every way and love every minute that I get to spend with you. You are becoming so aware of the world around you and seem to figure out something new every day! I love the way that your tiny grins transform into a huge ear-to-ear smile with chubby cheeks on either side. I love when you laugh until your whole body shakes and you squeal with glee. I love everything about your precious little self. You make me more and more in awe of the God that created you every day.

I love you to pieces,

Mommy

1 comments:

Leah said...

8 months...whoa! It doesn't seem possible! He is such a sweet precious boy, and a joy to watch grow!

That smiley grin of his just melts my heart!

He is a blessing, indeed!!!!