Sunday, August 07, 2011

Owen is 3 Months Old

Today Baby Owen turned 3 months old! He brings so much joy to our family. :)

At 3 months old:

* Owen weighs roughly 13.5 pounds and is 25 inches long. He is growing soooo fast! People comment on his length all of the time. I think that is safe to say that I will be the shortest one in our family when our boys are all grown. Carpenter men are tall and our boys seem to be following suite!
* Owen is still wearing mostly 0-3 month clothes, but I have a feeling we will be going up to 3-6 month clothes very soon. We just moved him up to size 2 diapers.

* He is still nursing every 3 hours during the day, but sleeps about 10 hours straight at night. He has gone 11 hours the last 2 nights (knock on wood!). I am soooo grateful to have another good sleeper! I contribute it all to the Miracle Blanket. Best $30 I have ever spent!

* O is such a content little guy. He rarely cries, and when he does fuss, it is almost always an easy fix (he's either hungry, tired, or needs to burp). He is a sweet little third baby that goes with the flow, for the most part. However, we have had a couple of rough days where we were on the go quite a bit and he didn't get good naps. I have learned not to get him too overtired. Baby Boy needs his sleep!


* He plays with his hands all of the time and is working hard at finding his little thumb. I'm sure that he will be successful in his thumb sucking attempts any day now.

* Owen went to the church nursery for the first time on 7/10. He got fussy in Sunday School, so we decided to take him on down. My friend, Melissa, was working in Babies A, so I knew that he was in good hands. :)

* Owen LOVES his swing - all of my boys have. Our babies have logged many, many hours (and many, many D batteries!) in that swing. I think that may be the piece of baby gear that I am going to be the saddest to get rid of. :( I have a lot of memories of each of my sweet babes in that swing...
* Owen took his first bottle on 7/13. I was worried that we had waited too long and that he might not take it. But... he guzzled it down like a champ. He has had a few more bottles this month and has done well with them all.

* Clayton and Drew were anxious to feed O as well. So, they got their turn on 7/19. They did great feeding their baby brother. :)

* Owen's little tongue gets to going sometimes and he just can't keep it in his mouth. It makes for some funny faces. ;)


* He is such a sweet, happy, bubble-blowing boy. Oh, seeing these pictures makes me want to go wake him up so that I can sneak a snuggle. Love him!



* Try as I may to squeeze a little bit of my DNA into our third child, I have failed once again. I have a feeling that Wade and I could have 20 kids and they would all look like Wade. We won't be having 20 children, of course, I'm just sayin'... Ha!
* Owen took his first nap in his room on 8/3. Yep, he has the same closet set up that Drew did. ;) I am sure that we will move him to his nursery soon. I'm just dragging my feet...
* Clayton and Drew are still doing great with their baby brother. Drew has been especially sweet with Owen lately. He lights up when I bring O into the room. He grins from ear to ear and says, "Hi, Owen! Hi, Owen! Hey, Pretty Baby!" It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. I was worried that he would have some jealousy issues, but he really hasn't. I hope and pray that my boys will be the closest of siblings. That is so, so important to me!

* Bye-bye, Baby Bobble Head! Our little man has his head control down pat. He has been hanging out in the Bumbo some lately, and he is a big fan. There's lots to look at with his crazy brothers and their shenanigans. ;)
* Owen has started to giggle a little! I have a cute video that I will have to upload soon. He laughs mostly when we tickle his belly. It is the sweetest sound. :)

My Darling Owen Thomas,

3 months old - how can that be?!?!? You get cuter, more precious, and more fun by the day! I can't imagine life without you... You have added a whole new dimension to our family, and life is sweeter with you in it! I'm so glad that you are ours!

I always wanted 3 kids. 2 wasn't enough, but 4 seemed like too many. 3 would be just right. That is what I always pictured in my head. You, my Love, are my dream come true! The grand finale of our family, and what a wonderful grand finale you are!

I have been thinking a lot about you and your brothers and what a privilege it is to raise you day in and day out. I pray that you will all 3 grow to be the spiritual leaders of your homes one day. The way that Daddy & I parent you will affect many generations to come. What an awesome task we have before us! I pray that I can point you to Christ, and that you will see His grace even in my failures.

You bring me so much joy, Dear One! I learn more about you each and every day. I am so grateful that I will get to spend the rest of my days learning exactly who you are and who you will become.

I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh, sweet Baby O...your pictures just melt my heart!!!!

I agree, just seeing them makes me want to squeeze him to bits. What a precious little LOVE!

It is so fun to read about his likes, his development, growth and habits. Its great to get to know him better each month.

I also agree, that your "grand" finale...couldn't be any grander. He is sweet, delightful and as perfect as they come.

I still think he looks so much like you Sarah girl, and so different from the big boys.

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Mr. Owen sure does know how to turn on the charm! You already have him camera trained! I agree - his profile looks just like Wade. I do see some resemblance to Clayton too as he's getting older. Sweet sweet boy!!!

Holly said...

This is my favorite Baby Owen post yet. He is the sweetest, most perfect baby boy and I love watching him grow. What a blessing he is to everyone who loves him!