Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Bloggy Randomness... Again :)

I have always prided myself on making this blog a priority. I love the fact that my kids will have pictures from their childhood with commentary from their mom. It is so, so important to me that I have stayed up in the wee hours of the night and sacrificed time doing other things just to make sure that their childhood is well documented.

But... this is such a busy season right now. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying this phase of life immensely, but the days just fly by. I find myself bouncing between children making sure that they are all fed, clothed, diapered, hugged, kissed, held, etc. There is rarely any "free" time these days, so blogging has fallen off of my radar. I'm so busy living life that there isn't much time to document it. ;) I'm sure that I will get better one day...

For now, it's just another random things post. I hate cramming a ton of things into one post. I'd much rather have several concise posts. But, that just isn't happening. So... here goes nothing.

* It is CUH-razy hot right now. Like, melting the bottom of your flip flops to the pavement hot. Insane record breaking heat. Hotter than the surface of the sun heat.

For posterity's sake, I took a screen shot of the weather on my iPhone. This was from after lunch today, the temperatures continued to climb in the late afternoon.
That, my Friends, is ridiculous! Makes me want to move to Alaska! :)

* We are deep in the trenches of potty training here at the Casa del Carpenter. Drew has had the first portion of potty training down for months. He has remained dry at night and all day long for weeks and weeks. However, the latter portion of potty training (if you catch my drift...) is proving to be much more difficult. We spend hours and hours camped out on the commode. Last night I walked in my bathroom to find this:
Wade was letting Drew watch a Word World episode on his phone. He was holding the phone, of course, for fear that it would not be safe in the grip of our 2 year old. I started laughing at the sight of him crouched down on the floor, and he said, "Yep, I'm sitting in the splash zone." Ha ha ha! Wade can make me laugh like no one else on the planet. :)

* Clayton and Drew think that taking a bubble bath in our tub is a BIG deal. I used some Bath & Body Works Lavendar Vanilla Foam Wash the other night. When the boys turned on the jets, the bubbles grew out of control. They were in heaven!
* The men in our Sunday School class got together recently to play miniature golf. Brent went to Goodwill to by a green jacket similar to the one that the winner of the Masters gets. I'm proud to say that my man snagged the snot green mothball smelling jacket! Way to bring home the gold, Babe! It was so hideous!

The deal was that the winner had to wear the jacket to church the next morning. Wade was a good sport and wore the lovely jacket proudly. He even made it worse by pairing it with a blue shirt and pink tie. It was quite the ensemble!
* Contrary to popular belief, Owen does occasionally fall asleep unswaddled. (I know. It's just wrong!) He sleeps well unswaddled, just not for the long stretches that we are used to. So... he shall remain tightly bound in his Miracle Blanket. Ha!
* Owen is getting so big! I am trying to get one more wear out of all of his adorable newborn clothes.

I am going to go into the full blown ugly cry when I have to pack up/give away all of those adorable teeny tiny outfits. :(

* I remember Clayton going through a phase of lining things up into a straight line when he was right around Drew's age. In fact, I blogged about it here. I remember asking multiple other friends if that was normal behavior. Ha! Well, my Drew is now doing the same thing! I found him with all of his Rescue Heroes lined up yesterday. Doesn't he look so happy with himself? Cute little thing...

* A few days ago I was listening to my iPod while I fed Owen. I was listening to one of my very favorite songs, "What Do I Know of Holy" by Addison Road. I was in full blown worship mode singing along to the chorus. "What do I know? What do I know of holy?"

Drew walked up to me with a puzzled look and said, "Mom, you sing Holey Moley?"
Needless to say the moment of worship was over. Ha!

* Last week, I laid Owen on the couch and turned my back for literally a second. When I turned back around, Drew had put his Bob the Builder hat on his baby brother.
Poor O. He just doesn't know what he is in for with his 2 crazy big brothers!

* I put Owen in Clayton's bed while we said our prayers the other night. Drew, of course, wanted to snuggle in too. They looked so sweet all huddled together. :)

Hope that you are all having a great week! Try to stay cool!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

What an amazing life you lead!

Holly said...

Love, love, LOVE that third pic!

Don't be so hard on yourself! You're doing an amazing job blogging/documenting your busy, busy life. The "random posts" are just part of accurately documenting how things are right now. We're all impressed! :)

It's nice when the newborn clothes are monogrammed because it's an excuse to keep them forever and ever!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

I just can't imagine that you at too busy to blog! HAHA. Love the updates. That last pic is my fave!

Brent and Abbey said...

Beautiful Brothers in Bed picture! Love it!