Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the Teacher & The First Day of School

I love the beginning of the school year! The anticipation of a new teacher, new friends, new things to learn, new school supplies.... (There's nothing better than a brand spankin' new box of crayons.) I love it all!

This year Clayton will be attending the same school that he went to last year. It is a hybrid model combining private school and homeschooling. The children go to school in a traditional classroom setting 2 days a week and are taught at home (using the curriculum sent home by the school) 2 days a week. It has been a GREAT fit for our family thus far, and I am really looking forward to the upcoming year. I have been reading through our textbooks in preparation for what is to come, and I am really excited about the material.

Friday was Meet the Teacher. We met Mrs. T. and she is an absolute doll! I think Clayton is going to have a great year with her. There are 11 children in his class - 6 girls and 5 boys.


Clayton in his desk. He is front and center - best seat in the house. Ha!
Clayton was excited to have a couple of his buddies from last year in his same class. He and A were good pals.

Clayton adores this little girl. They were in the same class last year, and I think she is just as cute as a button. :)
Today was the first day of school. We had to snap some pictures, of course. :)
How did he get so big??? I was holding Owen today and got a serious case of deja vu. I swear that Clayton was that little just yesterday. And now he is a first grader! That's crazy talk!
I saw this cute frame and decided to make a version for Mrs. T. I hope that she knows how appreciative we are of her and her desire to teach our child. :)
Clayton had a great day! As usual, he was a little tight lipped - he's all boy in that regard. I had to pry for the details. ;) From what I can tell, it couldn't have gone better.

I have a really good feeling about this year! I think we are all going to learn a ton. :)

1 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Happy First day, Clayton! I hope y'all have a great year.