Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Kid Craft

I've never really thought much about celebrating St. Patrick's Day... It was just a random holiday between Valentines and Easter on which I tried to remember to wear green. Last year, I read this blog post and realized that it is another holiday with Christian roots. I loved this activity and bookmarked it as something that I wanted to do this year with my kids.

We followed Janna's tutorial pretty much exactly and read Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland before we did the potato stamping. Clayton thought that using the shamrock to teach about the Trinity was pretty neat, and Drew loved getting to paint. Everyone was a winner! ;)



The Finished Product :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Super cute, my friend! You always find the neatest ideas! :)

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

You do always find the neatest ideas! I was just looking at this post, wondering how I'm going to find these ideas next year when my Drew's ready, and I noticed that you tagged it Crafts for Kids. HELLO GENIUS! Thank you. I'm totally going to use your blog as a reference for years to come. You're awesome.

Albus Adventures said...

I didn't know about the symbolism of the clover. I have been looking for a way to explain the Trinity to Angel! This is perfect!