Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break Grand Finale :)

We had a fun-filled "staycation" for Spring Break. :) On Friday night, Wade used some of his hotel points to rent a room at the Embassy Suites at Sundance Square. We weren't far from home, but it was the change of scenery that we were looking for. They had an indoor pool, so the boys got to swim. They thought that was great fun!

They also enjoyed the hotel experience. We splurged on an in room movie...
and overpriced snacks from the lobby. The boys stayed up late and had a grand old time. It was a fun way to end our Spring Break.

On Saturday, we left the hotel and went to the Fort Worth Water Gardens to look around.



The boys climbed to the top of the "Mountain" and did a Rocky pose for me. Baby Owen and I kept our feet (er, uh... my feet?) planted on solid ground - no climbing for us. ;)

We had a great Spring Break! It made me sooo ready for the lazy days of summer to get here. Although, I don't know how "lazy" they will be when we add a newborn to the mix. The way that I figure it, another child is going to increase my workload by 50%. Ha!

4 comments:

Gran said...

What memories your family is making. I've always been told that the big increase in parenting is from one child to two. Three little ones seem to not be such a dramatic change. Owen will be such a blessed child.

dallasbrewers said...

Awww! Fun times!

Holly said...

I'm so glad y'all make the effort to do things like this. This one night will live in your memories forever. (I can just hear Tim making fun of that cheesy statement, but it's true!)

LOVE the picture of the boys maxin' and relaxin' in the hotel bed!

Doug and Kelli said...

You and Wade are the BEST! How do you keep coming up with such fun ideas?? I can only hope Doug and I will be as wonderful as the two of you :)