Thursday, November 27, 2008

A House Divided

This is the one day of the year where we are definitely a house divided. The A&M vs. UT game always causes a brief hiccup in our marital bliss. Now that we have children, the rivalry has taken on a whole new meaning. Poor Clayton gets pulled in both directions. As of now, I am losing him to the dark side. I have faith that one day he will come back to his Mama's team. :)

This year there was actual bloodshed during the game. I am not referring to any of the players, but to my 3 year-old. Just moments after these pictures were taken, Clayton started spinning and fell backwards into our dresser. I scooped him up to assess the damage. I quickly realized that there was blood all over my hands and Clayton's UT jersey. After cleaning up the wound, we discovered that it was just a tiny little cut on the back of his head. I knew that he was going to be okay when he said sadly, "I guess I'll have to change into my Gig 'Em jersey." What am I going to do with this crazy boy???

In the end, we're still one happy family.

Drew got to remain neutral this year. We wait until they are verbal before making them pick sides. :)
The burnt orange boys
Doesn't everyone look better in maroon?

Many a tear was shed over the Aggie loss...
There's always next year, right? :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little onesie (did I spell that right?) for Drew....where did you find it???

Hannah said...

Ya'll did some serious wardrobe changes! No wonder Drew was crying! Jacob had a crash today too. Must have been something in this cool air that makes the boys a little crazy!

Albus Adventures said...

I just noticed that in the happy family pic, Wade is containing Clayton's hock em's! Priceless!