Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drew's One Month Birthday

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you
Before you were born, I loved you
Before you were here an hour, I would give my life for you
This is the miracle of life."
-Maureen Hawkins

Well, I cannot live in denial any longer - my baby boy is officially one month old! I have such a mix of emotions about this day. I am relieved that he is happy and healthy. I am a little sad that his first month of life is over. And I am excited about what the future holds for my sweet Drew. I love watching him grow and learn new things everyday. What a precious time this is for our family!

Here's a little info on our one month old:
* Weight: 11 1/2 pounds - WOW!
* Length: 22 1/2 inches
* Diapers: Size 1
* Clothes: Size 0-3 and some 3 month Carters outfits
* Favorite pastimes: Eating (surprise, surprise), Sleeping, Swinging, Being Held, and "Talking" to his Big Brother
* We're still not really on a consistent schedule. Drew eats every 3-4 hours during the day and is stretching to 5-6 hours at night. Last night, I fed him at 10:30 and put him to bed at 11:30. He slept until 6:00 - pure heaven! It was probably just a tease, but it was AWESOME!
* Fun firsts from this month: First smile (October 24th, in the hospital - probably gas, but cute all the same), First Car Ride (October 26th - home from the hospital), First Doctor's Appointment (October 27th), First Holiday (October 31st - Halloween), First Road Trip (November 7th - to take Grammie back to Holly Lake), First trip to the park (November 19th - it was chilly, so we didn't stay for long), First time at a restaurant (November 21st - On the Border), First Playdate (November 22nd - see post below), and so many more...

Here are some pictures from this morning.

The One Month Weigh In - 11 1/2 pounds!
Hanging out with his monkey
Playing on his Baby Einstein Discovery Mat - He likes the red bird the most
One month photo shoots are exhausting!
Such a cutie!
My Precious Baby Boy,
What an amazing 31 days we have had with you! I can hardly believe that you are already a month old. You have blessed my life in ways that you will never know. I want you to know that you are the answer to a million prayers that Daddy and I lifted up to God. We wanted you SO badly and are thrilled to have you as our child. You are everything that we had hoped and dreamed that you would be.
One month ago today, they were wheeling your little bassinet to the NICU. I was absolutely devastated and filled with fear. I was so worried about your tiny body and prayed that your breathing would regulate. My heart ached to hold you and love on you. It was an absolutely miserable 35 hours without you. I am so glad that is behind us!
We have spent the last month figuring each other out. I have analyzed and over analyzed your eating, sleeping, burping, playing, and holding preferences. I still don't quite have you figured out. I guess that's what the next 18+ years are for, right?
I wouldn't trade a single moment of the last month with you (even the inconsolable crying bouts when you were suffering through reflux issues). I have loved every minute and look forward to a million more precious moments with you.
I love you, Baby Boy!
Mommy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time truly does fly by! What a precious little man. Your letter brought tears to my eyes. You are such a wonderful example of a godly, loving mother!

Anonymous said...

There should be a disclaimer on this post to have tissues near by! :) I hope to see you guys soon and meet precious Drew! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Tiffany