Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RA Mother/Son Banquet

Last Friday was the RA Mother/Son Banquet at our church. It was the first mother/son type of event that I have ever been, too. The first of many, I'm sure! ;) It was so much fun! The RA leaders (including my sweet Hubs) did such a good job planning, decorating, and making everything so nice. I didn't really know what to expect, so I was very impressed.

There was a baseball theme throughout the evening. We all wore jerseys and Mike Brumley was our guest speaker. Mr. Brumley is a retired professional baseball player, who now goes on mission trips around the world ministering to children through his love of baseball. We all brought baseball gloves as our price of admission for him to distribute on his trips.

The boys all went through the dinner line to make their mother's plates and then served us our dinner. It was so sweet to see how excited that they all got to serve their Mamas. Sweet kiddos...

After dinner, we went to the gym to hit baseballs and play some wheelchair basketball. I have never been athletically inclined, so I am definitely behind the 8 ball when it comes to being a boy mom. Ha! But, I am learning to just have fun and try my hardest. I actually made contact with all of the baseballs that Mr. Brumley pitched to me! Clayton was pretty proud. ;) I didn't do as well at the wheelchair basketball, but I gave it the ole college try.

It was a fun night to spend with my Clay-boy in his element. I'm so thankful that God gave me boys. They have changed me so much - I just enjoy my life more with them in it. :)
Link

2 comments:

Holly said...

How fun! You're such a good sport. Clayton looks like he's having a ball!

I hope you didn't have to dribble. Dribbling basketballs is one of my trouble activities. :/

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Your 2 most recent posts give me a glimpse into my future! Looks like so much fun!!!