Thursday, July 07, 2011

Baby Owen is 2 months Old!

My sweet little babe turned 2 months old today! I feel like these 2 months have gone by in the blink of an eye. The days are just going by at warp speed. I'm finding myself in the market for a time machine. Wouldn't that be nice? :)

2 Month Photo Shoot This Afternoon
I couldn't get him to smile with his stuffed animals. Blowing bubbles was as good as it got. ;)
* I took Owen for his 2 month well check this morning. He got a great report! Dr. P. said there was a little bit of fluid behind his left ear drum, but it wasn't infected. Just something to watch... Lord, please don't let him have bad ears like Drew did. :( He weighed 12 lbs. 5 oz. (50-75%), was 23.5 inches long (75%), and his head circumference was 39.75 cm (50%). His weight is right in between where his brothers were at 2 months. Clayton weighed 10 pounds even and Drew weighed 14 lbs. 2 oz! They are all so different - Small, Medium, and Large. Ha! ;)

My sweet neighbor took these pictures of Owen on Tuesday. She is so creative!


* Owen wears 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.

* He is still nursing about every 3 hours during the day and goes a good 7 hour stretch at night. Bless his heart - Baby Owen has been so good to his Mama! At 4-5 weeks old I was really worried that he may have a touch of reflux. He was a little fussy after feedings and wasn't sleeping as well as my other boys did. Luckily, that didn't last long. It was like a light switch, one day he was just so much better. It was about that time that I realized I wasn't wrapping him tight enough in his miracle blanket (rookie mistake!). Once I started swaddling him tighter, he started eating and sleeping better. Coincidence? I think not! You know that I am a firm believer in a tightly swaddled baby. :)

As soon as I unwrap that little burrito baby, he stretches waayyy out. It is so funny! I laugh every time imagining him saying, "Freedom, yes!"
* Owen took his first dip in the pool on July 4th. I think that he liked it! He just floated along in the shady part of the pool.

After a little while, he was done with the float. He dozed a little in my arms. Sweet thing!
* Owen is loving his Baby Einstein mat right now. He just talks away to the little stuffed animals. It's pretty cute. :)

* Owen's big brothers are still crazy about him! They ask to hold him all of the time, and talk so sweet to him. Drew literally runs to give Owen his pacifier as soon as he starts to cry. He says, "I go help Baby Owen! I go help Baby Owen!" These are the 3 Musketeers for sure!

* Here is a little video of Owen "talking" to me today. He makes the "oh" sound a lot. Clayton says, "Owen is starting to say his name! He is so smart!" Ha!


Owen Thomas,

My, oh my, how you have changed this month! You still have your serious moments, but you are so super smiley and chatty most of the time. It is so precious to see your little personality start to come out. :)

I love the quiet moments when it is just you and me - usually late at night or early in the morning. I just sit and coo with you and pretend like I haven't got a care in the world. I was snuggling with you the other night when your Daddy walked into the room. He said, "You're in your happy place, aren't you?" Ha ha! It's true - you fill me with so much joy!

There is a song on the radio right now that I just love. It makes me think of you every time that I hear it. It sums up so many of my hopes for you. Here are the lyrics:

This Little Light Of Mine by Addison Road

There's a little flame inside us all
Some shine bright, some shine small
The rains will come and the waters rise
But don't you ever lose your light
In this life you will know
Love and pain, joy and sorrow
So when it hurts, when times get hard
Don't forget whose child you are

Chorus:
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

May you live each day with no regret
Make the most of every chance you get
Let your eyes get wide when you look at the stars
With the same sense of wonder as a child's heart
With the ones you love treasure the time
And for those who are gone keep their memories alive
Hold on to your dreams don't ever let go
There's a fire inside you burning with hope

Chorus:
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

There will be days when you want to give up
When the clouds settle in
But after the rain comes the sun
Don't you ever forget

One day there will be no more pain
And we will finally see Jesus' face
So until then I'm gonna try
To brave the dark and let my little light shine

Chorus:
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine, gonna let it shine

There's a little light inside us all

I know that you have a long, long life ahead of you, Baby Boy. I pray that you never forget whose child you are and that you let your light shine bright in this dark world.

I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy

1 comments:

Tara said...

You sure do have a cute little clan!!! Owen is just precious.