Sunday, April 10, 2011

Owen's -1 month birthday!!!

Y'all, the countdown is on! Baby Owen will be here in exactly 1 month! This pregnancy has gone by so fast, and I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that we will have a newborn in our arms in just 4 weeks and 2 days (but who's counting???).

At my last visit to my OB, we discussed Owen's birthday. Dr. N. had tried to schedule my C-section for May 9th, but the hospital was booked. So, we are now scheduled for Tuesday, May 10th at 7 am! Dr. N. was quick to say that if I went into labor on my own, we would just do the C-section whenever that occurred. I assured him that won't happen - my babies have to be surgically evicted. Ha!

He hasn't done all of the measurements to predict Owen's size yet - I am guessing that he will do that next week. He did measure his head and reported that he "has a big noggin." ;) Surprise, surprise!

A fun fact about Owen's birthday... His birthday will be 5/10, Wade is 2/11, I am 8/12, and Clayton is 3/13 - 10, 11, 12, 13, get it? Poor Drew is left out of the pattern with his birthday being on 10/23. I'm sure that he will not be nearly as neurotic as his mother, and will not give a rip about my fun little pattern discovery. ;)

My biggest fear right now is that Baby Owen won't transition well after the C-section. Both Clayton and Drew spent some time in the NICU immediately after birth because they had amniotic fluid in their lungs. I would love, love, love it if Owen didn't have to go through that. I have never gotten to spend those first few hours with my baby, and that is definitely my heart's desire this time around. If you think about it, we would really appreciate your prayers for a healthy baby with dry lungs. :)

I can't wait to kiss this little face!

4 comments:

Gran said...

What a precious little face... You and Owen are already in my prayers for a prefect delivery. God is good. Jer. 29:11

Brent and Abbey said...

Oh, Sarah... we can't wait to meet Owen too! What a wonderful completion to your family! I think we will do a paper countdown chain link for Owen's arrival at the Brewer household!!!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

ONE MONTH? This has gone by way too fast! I can't wait to meet Mr. Owen and settle the debate once and for all about which brother he looks more like. And I'll be praying for NO NICU!!!

Leah said...

May 10th just can't get here fast enough!!! We are so ready, here at our house, to have another Carpenter to love.

I just know this is gonna be your easiest, best delivery yet...and your "grand finale" boy is gonna show up his two older brothers...and NOT need any NICU!

And might I just add...that you have been the best little preggo thing ever. I swear you have made it look so easy. You have been glowing for 9 months, and I haven't heard you complain once!

I pray these last few weeks continue to be easy, comfortable and speedy!

Love ya!