Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mother Goose Festival

Clayton's little school is just precious! They really stress the importance of public speaking, and each grade has a "festival" where they perform in front of the parents. It is a great way to train the kids to speak in front of crowds. All of the festivals have a different theme - Ancient Egypt and Greece, Medieval Europe, and Colonial America for older grammar students. The Kindergarten festival has a nursery rhyme theme, though. ;)

Clayton performed Little Boy Blue, and did a great job! He said that he was nervous, but you sure couldn't tell. :)

Little Boy Blue
Clayton's class with their teacher
Little Bo Peep is one of Clayton's best friends :)
They had lunch, cake, and games after their performances. Clayton's team won the first game, and he was a little excited, as you can tell. :)
After the festival, the principal stopped me in the hall to chat. We fell in love with Mrs. C. from the moment we met her - she is amazing! She spends a lot of time in the classroom and really loves the kids. She asked me how I liked the performance and asked about the baby. She was very encouraging and kept saying how excited she was for our family. Then she said, "Mrs. Carpenter, I did have a question for you... I understand that Clayton wants to change his name to Reid. What is that all about?" Ha ha! I explained the whole situation to her and she laughed. I love that she is so involved with the children that she knows even the smallest detail about my kiddo. :)

0 comments: