Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

Today our family is wearing visible reminders that Jesus died for Daddy, for Mommy, for Clayton, for Drew, and for Owen. We did this same thing last year on Good Friday, and it was such a moving reminder every time that I looked down at my hand. I want for my children (as well as Wade & I) to take the crucifixion personally. Jesus suffered on the cross for each one of us. I pray that the magnitude of his sacrifice is never forgotten!

Idea found on the Mustard Seeds blog. If you should choose to do the same thing, remember to use a permanent marker.

1 comments:

Brent and Abbey said...

I am speechless. Beautiful, sweet friend!