Wednesday, November 14, 2007

From the Mouth of Babes

I must preface this post by telling you that I refuse to grow old gracefully. Call it vanity, selfishness, whatever you wish - but, I will do anything in my power to prevent looking older than I am. Shortly after I had Clayton, I began to notice a few grey hairs. I was absolutely appalled that I was "going grey" at 26 years old. I immediately began dying my hair. I have done so every 6-8 weeks since. At the slightest hint of a grey root, I touch up my color. That being said, below is the conversation that I had with Clayton this morning. He was watching Little Einsteins (his new fav).

Clayton: Leo has red hair.
Me: Yep.
Clayton: Quincy has black hair.
Me: He sure does.
Clayton: June has brown hair.
Me: Uh-huh.
Clayton: Annie has yellow hair.
Me: Yes, she does. What color is your hair?
Clayton: Brown.
Me: What color is Daddy's hair?
Clayton: He has brown hair like me.
Me: What color is Mommy's hair?
Clayton: Grey! (With a sheepish grin on his face.)

Nothing like a two-year-old to boost your self esteem. :)

3 comments:

Albus Adventures said...

That lil' stinker! It must run in the fam...I started going grey at 18!! It's okay, we are still HOT!

Sharg said...

That's too funny!

Matt & Cindy Fleharty said...

Salt 'N Pepa!

JK. Sarah, you have gorgeous hair. I always love your hair chica.