Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Destin 2013: Days 6-9

By this point, I am sure that you are starting to feel like you are sitting on your Maw-maw's plastic covered couch watching their vacation photo slides on a pull down screen, right?  Click.  Click.  Click.  Ha!  I'll try to wrap this up...  ;)

On Wednesday morning, Wade woke up Clayton bright and early to go on a fishing trip together.  They were both super excited about their father/son morning.  The trip was a shorter expedition - 6am-10am.  I was worried about my little fella because he tends to get a woozy tummy pretty frequently in the car.  I was sooo nervous that he would get seasick.  We bought him motion bands, and he did great!

 Somebody's 4:30am wake up call caught up with him.  ;)

When the boys got back to the condo, they got cleaned up and we headed to a late lunch/early dinner.  We ate most of our meals in the condo, but enjoyed a few meals out.  We went to Pompano Joes for lunch and it was delicious!  

Our condo had a sunroom that overlooked the pond.  Clayton spent many hours searching for lizards around the water.  He was in hog heaven!

On Thursday morning, Wade went on a deep sea fishing trip by himself.  This trip was longer - 6am to 2pm.  I took the boys to the pool that morning for a swim.  We were the only ones there for awhile, and the boys loved it!

We were at the boat docks right at 2 to see our Daddy's catch of the day.  
Wade met some guys from Kentucky on the trip.  One of them was a pastor, so he and Wade talked religion and such.  I think they had a great time and caught a bunch of fish.

We went back to the condo for Wade to clean up and then went to Fudpuckers to eat and feed the gators.  The boys loved every minute, as you can imagine.  ;)

That evening, we took the boys to the beach hoping to find more crabs. 

Friday was our last day of vacation.  :(  We surprised the boys with tickets to a pirate cruise.  It was fun!  They had water guns, foam swords, face painting, tattoos, and even found a treasure chest. 
The Buccaneer

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing the activities down by the boat docks.  Drew wanted to do the inflatable human beach ball thingy.
Clayton had his heart set on America's largest floating trampoline.  After watching for awhile, Drew joined him.  They jumped their little hearts out for hours.

Clayton met some sweet girls while jumping - no surprise there.  The part that was a surprise was that the girls were actually from our town.  Crazy!  Wade and I chatted with their parents for a bit and realized that we have some mutual friends.  It's a big, huge, small world, I tell ya!
 The kids got to see a dolphin jumping out in the bay.  So cool!
On Saturday morning, we packed up and headed west.  We were all sad to see our fun week come to an end.  :(  We amused ourselves in the car by using the timer function and propping the camera up on the dash board.  
 I love my bunch of crazies.  ;)
The Trifecta - it didn't last long, but it was glorious while it lasted.
We had such a fun time away with just the 5 of us!  There was a sign in our condo that said, "Memories of Vacations by the Sea Stay With You Forever."  I couldn't agree more - these precious memories will stay tucked away in my mind forever.  :)