Monday, May 16, 2011

May 10th, 2011 - Bringing Home Baby!

On May 10th, we were discharged from the hospital. As much as I enjoyed the hospital (meals brought to us, clean linens delivered to our room, sweet ladies that came to clean the room and empty the trash, etc.), I was ready to be home! I missed Clayton & Drew, and was anxious to see what life would be like with our family of 5. I did tear up a bit when I realized that I would never be in a mother/baby room again. Hormones... :-/

We did a little mini photo shoot before we left the hospital. :)

I could just stare at him all day long...
Last April (2010), Wade's Mamaw moved, and Marsha found Wade's going home outfit in a cedar chest. She told me about it and said that she was sorry that she hadn't found it in time for Clayton and Drew to wear it. Little did we know that we would be blessed with another son a year later. :) I think that it is really special that Owen got to wear it. The third baby should have some special things that the other 2 didn't get to have, right? He looked so sweet in the same outfit that his Daddy wore 32 years ago. :)
Ready to head home!
I laid Owen down on our bed and he snuggled right into this position. I'm pretty sure this is how he spent the last few weeks in the womb.
His first nap at home.
Drew asked to hold Owen again and we jumped at the chance for them to bond. I snapped his picture and Drew said, "Mommy, Baby Owen not cheesing!" Ha ha!

Owen just seems to fit into our family. He sleeps right through his noisy brothers and just goes with the flow. He is definitely the missing puzzle piece, and we are so thankful that he is here!

1 comments:

Ashlee said...

Awww what sweet boys!!! I'm so happy for you all! What a wonderful family! Congrats on Baby Owen!!!!