Saturday, October 12, 2013

Last Swim of the Summer - 9/12/13

We hung onto Summer 2013 as long as we could, but, alas, September 12th was our last swim of the year.  :(  Pool time is one of my favorite parts of the summer - a healthy dose of Vitamin D for all of us, good exercise for my three little monkeys, time with friends, a free way to cool off, etc.  It is a good time all the way around.

At the very end of the summer, my Drew made huge swimming strides.  I am such a scaredy cat around the water.  I wasn't ready for him to be an independent swimmer yet.  I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to be 100% vigilant about watching him with Owen still being so little.  So... I made Drew wear his life jacket at all times.  He was sweet to go along with my request and wore his life jacket all summer long.  We both got a little brave in the last few weeks of swimming and he spent some time in the water without his floatation device.  He did so good!  I am 99% sure that he will be a full-time, independent swimmer next year.


 So proud of this little fish!  He really started to take off!


 We may have three independent swimmers next year!  Owen is crazy about the water - loves putting his face under.
So long, Summer!  Bring on the pumpkins, sweaters, and fall weather!  Yes, please!

0 comments: