Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Taste of the Good Life & The Passing of the Torch (or, uh... Lightsaber)

There were BIG doin's at the Carpenter household tonight! (Unless, of course, you don't care about rice cereal or Star Wars. In which case, this post is going to be borrrring. :) )

First of all, Drew got his first taste of solid foods! Our little man has been spitting up a ton, so we decided to see if some rice cereal would fix the problem before we asked the doctor about changing his reflux meds. Only time will tell, I guess. But, one thing is for sure, Drew LOVED the experience. I couldn't shovel the stuff into his mouth fast enough! I only made one tablespoon, and Drew was not a happy camper when it was all gone. Guess I'll be increasing it to 2 tablespoons tomorrow night...

The first bite - he was a little unsure...
Then he decided that it was pretty good stuff!

He was sooo upset after the last bite.
Please excuse the poor quality of the video. We used our regular camcorder to capture the moment, so I had to make a video of the video for the blog. Still cute, though.

The second big event involved our young jedi. Wade has been telling Clayton that he still has all of his Star Wars stuff from when he was a kid, and that one day he would pass it down to him. Well... today was that day. You would have thought that it was Christmas the way that Clayton jumped and danced around.
My thoughts were as follows:
1. Oh great, I just cleaned the playroom and organized all the toys and now I have a whole bunch of junk to find a place for.
2. I have been trying so hard to get Clayton's allergies under control (including an $80 copay on a months worth of 2 daily medications - ouch!). And now we are going to subject him to 25 years worth of dust? Nice.
3. I just don't get the Star Wars thing.
So, I left them to their Ewoks, lightsabers, Obi-Wans, etc. and went downstairs to read my InStyle magazine in peace & quiet. ;)
Opening up Pandora's box


The Passing of the Lightsaber

So, that's what we did tonight. Rice cereal for Drew, Star Wars antiques (or classics, or whatever) for Wade & Clayton, and Spring fashion trends for me. Something for everyone...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a night, for sure!!! That sweet little Drew, did LoVe him some cereal. That is sooo great!He seems to be good at everything he tries. What a little smartie! I bet the thickened consistency will help with all of those spit ups. What a smart mommy you are to think of that!

I am with you, on all of that Star Wars stuff. It has to be a Y chromosome thing, right! Certainly a proud momentous occasion for Wade, though. I could just see the pride in those pics.

Good for you, momma, InStyle, all to yourself. I am jealous! You will have to clue me in on Spring's latest trends!

See you tomorrow!

The Westmoreland Family said...

I get the whole star wars thing. William is 10 1/2 and when I brought last years winter stuff out of the attic for the "great clothing switchover" 2 days ago, William saw his Boba Fett costume from 2 years ago in it, he ran to his room and put it on and then sat down at the table and did his math and vocabulary homework, facemask and all!!!! It was hilarious. It's like he is still 4 when it comes to all things star wars! Hey, what is your e mail address? Somehow it is not in my contact list...

Brent and Abbey said...

YAY Drew! I bet he will even like brussel sprouts the way he was opening that mouth! Good boy.

Albus Adventures said...

Jeff and I are thinking about coming up next weekend. Are ya'll available? Maybe I can gain some organizational inspiration (translation: take photos of your set up and go home and imitate it). We miss ya'll a ton and I wosh I was there to hug the boys every single day!

Paul and Nina Treat said...

Yay Drew! What a big boy! Do you think Dr. M needs to up his dosage? I can't wait to get our little ones together!