Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This poem was in our church's bulletin this morning.

A Mother's Day Prayer
Thank You, Lord, for Your special gift of mothers; for the example of Your unconditional love they share with their children.
Thank You for the mother who lets her child know without doubt that he or she is loved,
and for the child who returns that love.
Lord, today we pray You will protect and guide mothers everywhere;
that You will grant them Your wisdom in loving and teaching their children.
Today, may children everywhere remember the warm caresses and whispers in the night;
the tears dried and Band-Aids, the peach cobbler, and the laughter.
Thank You for the mothers who played with us, taught us, nutured us, fed us, listened to us and tried to understand us.
Today, may we remember Mom's beauty when we were young;
and her loveliness discovered as we aged.
Lord, today draw especially close the mothers who are alone, for whatever reason;
and grant them Your comfort, Your pleasure, Your peace.
Today as we honor, celebrate, or simply reflect on the woman who gave us birth, or who adopted us into her heart,
we thank You, Lord for life, and for Mom!
In Jesus name, Amen.

I am so thankful for the two precious souls that the Lord has lent me for a season. I am thankful that both of my children are happy and healthy. They fill my life with so much joy!






I am also thankful for all of the mothers in my life. I am so grateful for my Mom, Marsha, Grandmom/"G", and Mamaw. You are all so precious to me and have taught me so much about what being a mother is really all about. You have set such wonderful examples for me, and I am forever grateful.

I am also thankful for all of my Mommy friends! It is a pleasure to walk through motherhood with you by my side. Even when the road is tough, it's a little easier when I know there are hands to hold all around me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

1 comments:

Leah said...

Love, love, love that prayer! I may have to copycat you and put it on my blog, too.

You are a precious, wonderful mommy. Your boys are so blessed to have you. I am so thankful to be traveling through this motherhood journey, with a Mommy friend like you too, girl!

Enjoy your day!

Sweet pics of you and your handsome fellows!